1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup ham, chopped fine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the first 5 dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, oil and maple syrup and stir to combine.
4. Add the buttermilk to the egg mixture and stir.
5. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour and stir until just combined.
6. Fold in the cheese and ham.
7. Scoop the batter 2/3 of the way up into greased muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes (15 minutes if using mini muffin cups instead).
8. Cool and serve.
2 English muffins, split
1 (8 ounce) container pineapple yogurt
3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
3/4 cup drained crushed pineapple
Lightly toast the English muffin halves in a toaster. Spread each half with pineapple yogurt. Top each half with strawberries and pineapple. Serve while English muffins are still warm.
Mom, what is your take on baby led weaning? It is personally what I chose for my kiddos. What about you? Please share!
Heartburn during pregnancy…many of us have experienced it. Many times it begins sometime during the the second trimester. So what are some ways to cure the burn?
1) Cut back on caffeine intake.
2) Try sipping on ginger or mint tea.
3) Eat smaller portions during the day, rather than three large meals. Spacing out your meal intake has been noted to keep stomach acid at bay.
4) Avoid spicy foods.
5) Neutralize your stomach acid by eating foods such as yogurt or by drinking a glass of milk.
1 1/2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons butter, melted
1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Toss seeds in a bowl with the melted butter and salt. Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown; stir occasionally.