Are your kids constantly fighting?
Perhaps it’s over who gets to brush their teeth first, who gets to choose where to eat dinner or simply because one looked at the other one wrong?
Here are the top ten reasons siblings battle one another:
1. Too much time together. If you were with someone, anyone, that close to your own age all day, everyday, it probably would get ugly sooner rather than later. How long does it take for your spouse to drive you crazy?
2. Unfair distribution of beauty and talent. Kids have different strengths. It’s pretty obvious, especially to them. This creates a tug of balance between siblings more often than not.
3. Food shortages. Totally serious! There are never enough fruit snack packs, chocolate chip cookies, or string cheeses. Am I right?
4. Personality clashes. Enough said…..
5. Television. Unfortunately our t.v. cannot broadcast Spongebob Squarepants, Phineas and Ferb, and Pokemon simultaneously.
6. Bubbles. The child sitting in the front of the tub is always going to have more, no matter how many you push towards the back. It just isn’t fair……ever!
7. Chores. Regardless of what their list entails, a sibling’s chores are always easier. Always…..
8. Toys. No matter how many you have in one house, it is never enough.
9. Inequality. Plain and simple. Unequal number of hugs, pictures colored, punishments, friends, marshmallows in their hot chocolate. You name it, they are keeping score. For eternity….
10. You love one child better than the other(s). So they think. And then once your children have children, the cycle starts ALL over again……LOL!